Monday, September 19, 2011

Elmo at the Acadiana Zoo

A couple of weeks ago we had a cool front come in,  The high was about 80 instead of 110 (almost jacket weather.. lol) so Aiden and I took advantage of it and went to the zoo.  It was Meet Elmo Day! I was kind of nervous what his reaction would be towards Elmo.  I think every parent knows what I am talking about.  Kids will LOVE Elmo or LOVE Mickey, but as soon as that huge cartoon is live in their face, they freak out. Surprisingly, Aiden went right up to him and gave him a HUGE hug.


Then he turned around and posed for the picture! LOL..I think Aiden can teach a class on posing for the camera by now.  The sun was right in his eyes, but he tried really hard to give me a good shot.

I asked him if he wanted me to take a picture of him in front of this sign and he said "Yes", and turned around giving me his fake smile. I was just trying not to laugh at the fact of him agreeing and wanting this picture! This was definitely one of those "he's getting too big" moments.



Of course, we had to go around and check out all the animals.  This was our first time back to the zoo since before summer came in full force.  All the animals were actually showing their faces since it was cool outside too. 

Aiden is still terrified of the petting zoo area, which I don't blame him.  Acadiana Zoo has the strangest petting zoo.  There is one miniature horse, one donkey, one pig, one cow, one goat, and one deer. However, there are a TON of roosters! In my opinion, and my experience on a friend's farm growing up, those are NOT animals that I want to pet.

The best part about this zoo is its size.  It's not too small, not too big and never too crowded! Which means- NO STROLLER!  Aiden just loves that part.  He leads the way, and I just follow teaching him about the animals.  The only bad result of this is that I only get pictures of one animal, and his name is Aiden! If I stop to take a picture of a monkey or something, I will find my kid in the field with the giraffe (yes, just ONE giraffe.)  It's also great exercise for me :)  Here's a pic of me chasing him. 


I did manage to have him be still for these next two shots, which I love.




I forgot to mention that when we were leaving, Elmo wasn't in his spot anymore so Aiden kept asking where he went.  My answer was Elmo went to the potty.  For a WEEK after this zoo visit, everytime Elmo's name was brought up, he would say, "Elmo, Potty!"

No comments:

Post a Comment