Monday, October 17, 2011

Cupcakes!

I love sweets, so when I am craving sweets, I bake something with Aiden.  It's like somewhere in my mind, I justify that they are really for Aiden, not me.  I could not pass up my favorite icing when I saw it in the grocery store.  The betty crocker rainbow icing is impossible to find so I had to grab it! So, Aiden and I made cupcakes.  He did the majority of the baking by himself.  He put all the cupcake liners in the pan, dumped the cake mix in the bowl, cracked the eggs (yes, he did it better than me), and dumped the oil and water in for me.  Of course, we had to lick the bowl too!

I am definitely not one of those moms that won't allow their kids to have sweets.  Aiden has frozen yogurt about every other day, if not every day.  He actually woke up in the morning wanting ice cream for his breakfast one day.  I kept telling him no, so we went to his room, pulled out a John Deere alphabet book, turned to the letter "I", and pointed to the ice cream cone.  I guess he thought I couldn't understand his request! He has also started requesting "pumpkin candy corn" from eating candy corn with Mommy!  I figure the child runs enough all day long, he works it off!  Plus, that's the best part about being a kid! Eating junk and not worrying about putting on weight, right?!




He didn't care too much for the waiting part..


He went from this:


to this in about 20 seconds:


No comments:

Post a Comment